Fender Stratocaster American MJT
Time Remaining: 6d 8h 10m
Buy It Now for only: $575.00
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster Strat Maple Vintage White DEMO
Time Remaining: 1d 7h 39m
Buy It Now for only: $532.00
2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar with OHSC
Time Remaining: 5d 8h 2m
Buy It Now for only: $849.00
Fender Stratocaster Jimmie Vaughan Signature Series 1996 Tex Mex
Time Remaining: 4d 9h 24m
Buy It Now for only: $500.00
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster Strat Vintage White MINT
Time Remaining: 6d 22h 8m
Buy It Now for only: $530.00
Beautiful blue Fender American Standard Stratocaster electric guitar
Time Remaining: 4d 7h 21m
Buy It Now for only: $975.00
Fender Stratocaster Goldtop
$150.00 (5 Bids)
Time Remaining: 1d 10h 58m
Buy It Now for only: $900.00
Vintage 80S USA Made Fender Stratocaster Strat Electric Guitar VERY RARE
Time Remaining: 5d 4h 15m
Buy It Now for only: $850.00
Fender Stratocaster 57 Vintage Reissue Sunburst 1998
Time Remaining: 6d 1h 31m
Buy It Now for only: $1,399.00
A 1962 Fender Stratocaster Serial number 88236. It is a sunburst 1962 fender stratocaster, with original case. (case is worn but still functional) The headstock logo was replaced in 1966, the neck is dated 2 Aug 1962 and the body is dated 1962. The Neck pickup was changed with another 1962 black bottom fender pickup as well as the vol pot. Original finish on body its never been resprayed. Has had a prof refret years ago and had a five way switch put in. The guitar weighs 7lbs even on my scale which is the lightest strat ive owned. Its a sweet sounding strat and has a dead straight neck that plays like butter. This is a very bad ass 62 strat sounds like a dream. I have priced the guitar very reasonable considering the market at this time and the economy and the fact that i need to get it sold. If you have any more questions just shoot me an email or if you want to make an offer....Payment can be paypal or cashiers check or wire transfer...No trades
Heres a little fender info about the guitar:
1962 brought a number of changes to the Fender Stratocaster. The most mentionable is the change of the neck. In August 1962 Fender felt the "slab" rosewood fingerboard was too thick, and changed to a thinner "veneer" style. Instead of the bottom of the fingerboard being flat, it was now radiused just like the top playing surface of the fingerboard (making the rosewood much thinner). This changed the Strat's sound a bit, making it less full and less warm. Also in March 1962 Fender changed from a hand-written neck date on the butt of the neck to a rubber stamped date. The neck width was also part of the stamp, most commonly the "B" width. Paint procedures also changed in late 1962 with Fender now using a "stick" to hold the guitar in the neck pocket while painting the Stratocaster.
Serial number range for the 62 Fender Stratocaster are generally 72000 to 93000 (on the neck plate). If you need to figure out the exact year of your pre-CBS Fender Stratocaster, use the serial number and the general features of the guitar. The serial number is located on the back metal neck plate. See the Fender Serial Number Info web page for help determining the year.
1962 Fender Stratocaster guitar specs:
- Peghead decal logo now has 3 patent numbers (2,960,900 added)
- March 1962 is the last month for a "penciled" neck date on the butt of the neck (only seen if neck removed). After March 1962, the neck date is now stamped with a rubber stamp, starting with the number "2" (to signify a Stratocaster neck). For example, "2APR62B" (where the "B" signifies a 1 5/8" nut width).
- Body dates are becoming less common.
- The 3-way CRL switch still has angled sides, but the bakelite material that holds the switch contacts is lighter and less fiberous in color.
- Neck screws change from being partially threaded, to being fully threaded their whole length. This applies to the tremolo claw screws too.
Mid 1962 Fender Stratocaster guitar specs:
- Veneer Rosewood fingerboard. Bottom of fingerboard (part glued to maple) is arched. Happens 8/62, around serial number 81000.
Late 1962 Fender Stratocaster guitar specs:
- Neck pocket no longer entirely painted. Instead a "paint stick" (a piece of wire conduit hammered flat) is used to hold the body during the painting process. This leaves a bare area on the bass side of the neck pocket with no paint.
Visited 1 time
Popular Ads Overall
- No ads viewed yet.