Fender 60 Stratocaster Heavy Relic Faded 3 Tone Sunburst Modern Specs RARE SAVE
Click here to get eBay listing at Auctiva.com
Fender Vintage 1966 Stratocaster 3 Tone Sunburst Electric Guitar
(Please scroll down to see all the pictures; pictures can be supersized by clicking on them.)
Available for auction is this Fender Vintage 1966 Stratocaster 3 Tone Sunburst Electric Guitar.
Note: Due to the twenty-four (24) picture limit close-up pictures of the case and body cosmetic problems are not shown. To see all the pictures please request the ZIP files that contains all the pictures. If you would like to receive the pictures please make a request using an ebay message. You will need to include an email address were you would like the file sent, since files cannot be attached to an ebay message. Thank You.
How Fender described the Stratocaster in 1966:
The many remarkable design features incorporated in the Stratocaster, including many "Fender Firsts" have resulted in making it the choice of many of the world's leading musicians. It features the advanced neck design, the contoured curves of the body, the improved adjustable pickups, the new method of tone control, the micro adjustable two-way bridge, and one of the most outstanding Fender developments -- the exclusive Fender built-in tremolo.
The Stratocaster contoured body design offers considerable greater playing comfort. This is accomplished by curving and relieving the guitar body so that it snugs into the player's body. Also, the front of the guitar is dressed away, providing a firm comfortable arm rest.
The Fender built-in tremolo is a simple fool-proof and extremely effective method of obtaining any degree of tremolo one might desire. When the tremolo effect is not required, the tremolo lever swing completely out of the player's way. This is yet another remarkable "Fender First".
The Stratocaster is truly an artist's guitar, combining all the features of the original Fender solid body guitar plus many other developments which make it one of the most advanced instruments on the market.
A quick look at some of the specifications for this guitar.
Color: Beautiful 3-tone sunburst
Serial no. : 139260
Neck date code: 13MAR66B
Pickups: Seymour Duncan
Nut: 1 11/16"
Scale: 25 1/2"
Fretboard: Rosewood with dot markers
Tuners: Fender Deluxe
Pictures are of the actual item being auctioned. We never use stock photographs. CONDITION This 1966 Fender Stratocaster guitar and hard case are in excellent condition overall considering it's age. A very playable guitar.
The condition of the guitar is very typical for a 1966 Stratocaster. It is in excellent condition but does have some cosmetic problems as you would expect. This guitar is all original except for the electronics and pickups. Unfortunately at some point the original Fender electronics and pickups were replaced; the pickups are Seymour Duncan (See pictures). All the turners are there and work; some have a small bend in the shaft. The head has no major damage; only some cosmetic scratches. The neck is straight and has the typical handling marks from being played. Frets and fingerboard are in excellent condition and show no sign of wear. As you would expect the body does have some cosmetic scratches and scuff marks. The front and back of the body are in remarkably good condition with only some scratches, On this guitar the majority of the cosmetic problems are located on the sides with the largest scuff marks located on the end of the guitar in the strap button area (See pictures). The tremolo cavity plastic plate has been broken and is not installed in the pictures. It was broken into two pieces and has been glued back together.
This 1966 Stratocaster is very playable with some cosmetic problems but no major damage.
Case is in excellent condition overall considering it's age. The case is structurally sound and has only the typical cosmetic damage. These are small nicks in the covering and scuff marks on the end trim pieces (See picture). All the case hardware is there and operates fine. Case lining is in excellent condition overall; no loose spots and stains. Some lining wear at the neck and body contact points as you would expect. The storage box has been repaired at the internal corner joint with some small nails. Apparently at some time the internal storage box must have come loose from the case. To help hold it in place some repairs were made to the case. Two things were done, two small nails have been driven through the end and front of the case into the storage box frame to hold it in place. In addition to the nails a small screw was also installed from the bottom side of the case into the storage box frame; also to hold it in place (See picture).
AUCTION CONTENT One (1) Fender Vintage 1966 Stratocaster 3 Tone Sunburst Electric Guitar.
Included with the guitar are a hard case, original Fender Instruction manual with this guitar serial number written in it, and tremolo arm. No case key is included.
1. All items are previously owned unless otherwise stated in the auction.
2. Rechargeable batteries -- No warranty or guarantee of any type is offered/included.
1. If you need assistance please contact us using the ebay "Ask Seller a Question" link. We respond to all questions within 24 hours.
1. Our preferred method of payment is PayPal.
2. Payment is expected within 7 days from the end of the auction.
SHIPPING - International
1. Duty, customs fees, tariffs, taxes, etc. - The item value used on the customs declaration form will be the amount you paid not including shipping cost. We will not use a false or devalued amount on customs declaration forms. Duty, customs fees, tariffs, taxes, etc. are not included in the payment made to us; these are all the responsibility of the buyer to pay. A 20% fee and any associated return shipping expenses will be charged the buyer for an item that is returned/refused due to non-payment of duty, customs fees, tariffs, taxes, etc. These will be deducted from any refund due.
2. International shipments can take up to 25 business days to arrive at a destination mainly due to delays in customs. Please allow adequate time for your item to arrive before contacting us.
SHIPPING - Domestic
1. Most of our auctions provide shipping service from USPS and UPS. Please select the shipping service that is best for you. Some of the larger and heavier items will only be shipped by UPS ground.
2. When payment is made with PayPal, we will only ship to the PayPal confirmed address.
Visited 1 time
Popular Ads Overall
- No ads viewed yet.